The FME in Abitibi-Témiscamingue (“FME”/“we”/“our”) is committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information. The purpose of this document is to inform you about our privacy practices and the protection of your personal information, including how we collect, use, and disclose your personal information.
● Your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information
● The personal information we collect
● How we use your personal information
● How we share your personal information
● Unsubscribing from communications
● Retention of personal information
● Information security
● Your rights regarding your personal information
● International transfer and storage of information
● Third-party apps and services
● Information regarding children
● Contact us
Your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information
Generally, we will ask for your consent when collecting your personal information. When we wish to use your personal information for a purpose that was not previously indicated to you at the time of collection, we will ask for your consent before using this information for this new purpose.
You may at any time withdraw your consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information by contacting us using the contact details set out in the “Contact Us” section below. However, before implementing the withdrawal of your consent, we may request proof of your identity. In some cases, withdrawing your consent may mean that we will no longer be able to provide certain products or services.
The personal information we collect generally falls into one or more of the following categories:
For people who use our Application, we may collect information about you or your activities on the Application. More specifically:
● Account creation/access: We collect your name, email address, and password.
● Contact form: we collect your name, email address, and any other information you provide to us in your message.
● Subscription to our newsletter: We collect your name and email address.
● Geolocation: With your consent, we can geolocate you to notify you of nearby festivals and to help you navigate festival sites.
As with most apps and other Internet services, we may collect certain technical and device-related information about your use of our Application. This information may include your unique device identifier; information about your device, browser, and operating system; and the dates and times of your use of the Application.
Anonymous data from Google Analytics may be shared with other Google services, which may use these data to contextualize and personalize ads from its own advertising network. The FME reserves the right to make statistical analyses using the data collected with Application on an anonymous and aggregate basis for the purpose of measuring the interest in the Application and its use. The FME reserves the right to provide its analyses of anonymous aggregate data to any third party.
Other interactions: We may collect information from people who interact with us in person, by phone or email, through social media, or otherwise.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information and other information:
● to utilize, maintain, improve on, and provide functionality for the Application, provide the services and information you request, respond to comments and questions, and provide support to users of the Application.
● to communicate with you in accordance with the laws applicable to our products and services.
● to monitor and improve our Application and develop new services.
● to analyze the needs and activities of our customers in order to help us serve them better.
● to conduct research and analysis relating to our business, products, and services.
● to respond to enquiries and other requests.
● to provide you with information that may be of interest to you, in particular regarding our products and services.
● to combat fraud and investigate legal claims.
● to meet our legal obligations.
We may use your personal information and other information for purposes for which we have obtained your consent, and for other purposes that may be permitted or required by applicable law.
We do not use the information we collect to advertise third-party products and services or to issue targeted advertising for FME products and services on third-party applications or service offerings.
How we share your personal information
In certain circumstances, we may allow our service providers to retain aggregated, anonymous, or statistical information that does not identify you. We do not authorize service providers to disclose your personal information to unauthorized parties or to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you would like more information about our service providers, please see the “Contact Us” section below.
In addition, we may use and disclose your personal information when we believe such use or disclosure is permitted, necessary, or appropriate:
Additionally, we may transfer your personal information to a third party, in which case we will identify that third party to you, and the reason for the disclosure, and request your consent.
Unsubscribing from communications
If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, you may opt out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email you receive from us or, if you created an online account when signing up to receive our emails, you can log into your account and change your communications preferences. You can also unsubscribe by contacting us directly; see the “Contact Us” section below.
We will endeavour to respond promptly to your unsubscribe request, but we ask that you allow us a reasonable time to process your request. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may send you communications about our products or services, or other topics.
Retention of personal information
We will use, disclose, or retain your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which such personal information was collected, and as permitted or required by law. If you would like further information about the periods for which your personal information will be retained, please see the “Contact Us” section below.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual, and technological security measures to protect your personal information and other information against loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. We have taken steps to ensure that the only personnel authorized to access your personal information are those who have a “need to know” or whose duties reasonably require access to such information.
Despite the measures described above, no method of transmission or storage of information is 100% secure or error-free, so unfortunately we cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you believe that the security of any information you have provided to us has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
Your rights regarding your personal information
We will take all necessary steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. We will not routinely update your personal information unless necessary. We expect you to provide us with updates to your personal information from time to time, when necessary.
You may request in writing to see what personal information we collect, use, or disclose about you, and we will provide such personal information to you as required by law. You may also challenge the accuracy or completeness of personal information about you in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your personal information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete. we will modify the personal information as required.
In addition, in certain circumstances, you have the following rights:
● The withdrawal of your consent. You can withdraw your consent to the communication or use of your personal data collected;
● Where applicable, you may have the right to request that the personal information held about you be withdrawn;
● Where applicable, you may have the right to request information about the use of any automated decision-making system and the impact it may have on you.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with relevant data protection authorities.
We may require that you provide supporting identification to comply with your request to exercise your rights. These credentials will be used only for this purpose.
International transfer and storage of information
Third-party apps and services
Information regarding children
Our products and services are not intended for minors under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors under the age of 13. If you are in this situation, please do not provide us with any personal information without the express consent of a parent or guardian.
If you are a parent or guardian and know that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from minor children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Continued use of the Application after such notice will constitute:
b) acceptance to be bound by these terms and this Policy and to abide by them.
[Last update May 2022]